We are pleased to announce that the Eurasia Project Market has identified ten of its competitors. Only 10 of projects in the development stage (total number – 31) submitted to the market were selected to participate in the pitch which will be held on 3 July, 2018 within the International marketplace Eurasia Film Market.
Here are our competitiors:
1. Arman Aldzharov – Zhansaya (Kazakhstan)
2. Dalmira Tilepbergen – Odinokaya sosna/A Lone Pine (Kyrgyzsatn)
3. Kristina Mikhailova – Sny reki/River’s Dreams (Kazakhstan)
4. Askhat Kuchinchirekova – Shekara/The Border (Kazakhstan)
5. Amir Amenov – Ystyq tun, salqyn syra/Hot Night, Cool Beer (Kazakhstan)
6. Artur Veeber – Ashyk (Krgyzstan/Russia)
7. Timur Alzhanov – Ya napolnyu Aralskoye more!/I’m Gonna Fill the Aral Sea (Kazakhstan)
8. Abdel Fiftybayev – 5 sekund shturma/5 Seconds of the Assault (Kazakhstan)
9. Bauyrzhan Dyusembiyev – Idem na sever/ We Move North (Kazakhstan)
10. Sharofat Arabova – Triptych (Tajikistan)
The competitors will present their projects at the Eurasia Film Market to the international jury as follows:
1. Jim Miller (US). Vice president of the New York Film Academy. He is responsible for the strategic initiative that the NYFA engages in both domestically and internationally, and manages global partnerships and programs of the NYFA.
2. Yerlan Nurmukhambetov (Kazakhstan). Film writer and director. The winner of the Grand Prix of the Busan International Film Festival (South Korea) in the New Currents section and the Grand Prix for Best Asian Film at the Fajr Film Festival (iran) (“The Walnut Tree”, 2016). The owner of the Grand Prix of the VII Eurasia International Film Festival in Kazakhstan (“Before the Storm”, 2011) as well as numerous other prestigious awards of world festivals.
3. Nina Romodanovskaya (Russia). Film critic, chief editor of ProfiCinema. She teaches film marketing at the Russian State University of Cinematography (VGIK). She is an expert of the Film Fund Commission of the Exmination of applications received from the cinema screening organizations and the pitch of debutants in the “TV-series” category.
4. Philip Cheas (Singapore). Film critic. He is on the Advisory Board of the Network for the Promotionof Asian Cinema (NETPAC), and is a program consultant for the Shanghai International Film Festival, Hanoi International Film Festival and Jogja-NETPAC Asian Film Festival.
5. Sergey Grankin (Israel). Journalist, defence correspondent and documentary director. He is a participant and laureate of numerous international film festivals.
6. Michael Kananack (US). Veteran Film International Sales and Distribution Executive with several decades of experience in the independent film marketplace. He has been appointed to the Palm Springs and Seattle Film Festivals Juries, and has lectured at the American Film Institute and was recently the 2017 AFU FEST’s Industry Liaison.
7. Evgeniy Gindilis (Russia). Producer, member of the European Film Academy and Russia’s Oscar committee.
This jury will determine the two winners and the following prizes will be awarded by a vote:
1 place – one-week internship at the New York Film Academy.
2 place – a trip with the delegation of the Eurasia IFF to the “A” class film festival (the choice of the festival is at the discretion of the Eurasia IFF administration).
Remember that the international marketplace Eurasia Film Market will be held from July 1 to July 4, 2018 in the framework of the XIV Eurasia International Film Festival in Astana. It will bring together representatives of such distribution companies as “Birch Tree Entertainment” (US), “Syndicado” (Canada), “Film Republic” (UK), “Alpha Violet” (France), “Filmotor” (Czech Republic), “Juben Pictures” (China), “IRIB MEDIA TRADE” (Iran), “Festagent” (Russia), as well as such leading film companies of Kazakhstan as “Kazakhfilm”, “Sataifilm”, “Nurtas Production”, “Bissembin Film” and “MG Production” to hold business meetings, present new projects, and exchange of experience. The full list of the film market’s participants is here.
The business area will be located in the Wyndham Garden Astana hotel (Turar Ryskulov str., 6/1). Guests of the Eurasia Film Market will find an extensive programme of business events: presentations, round tables, panel discussions, master classes. You can find the programme of the film market’s events here